Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve and a first blog post



Firstly, thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. A little bit of background - my name is Jan and I have started this blog to document my ‘wildlife year’ for 2015 as part of BBC Wildlife's local patch reporters project. My 'patch' is East Cheshire and I live close to the borders with Derbyshire and Staffordshire. I have always had a love of wildlife and the natural environment and I care deeply about animal welfare and conservation issues. I am a licenced bird ringer for the British Trust for Orthinology (BTO) and have been involved with their work since 2008 as a volunteer.
 
Also I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer - I have a DSLR camera (a Nikon D7000) and since buying a macro lens in 2012, macro photography has become my main area of interest – I find the detail the lens reveals fascinating, and have surprised myself with how much I have really enjoyed watching the behaviour of insects and learning so much more about them. My respect and admiration of these tiny creatures has increased exponentially!

I shall look forward to posting more in the very near future, but in the meantime it's time to say Merry Christmas and sign off with a lighthearted card of a Female Black Darter Dragonfly.

Jan








No comments:

Post a Comment